Cnr of Commercial & Windsor Rd,
Rouse Hill

ABOUT US HISTORY


The Heritage Building fronting Windsor Road was designed by Sir Francis Greenway in 1826 as a half way house for Cobb & Co, to service the Parramatta to Windsor run. Sandstone was quarried in Parramatta and transported by oxen drawn carts to build the structure which today is listed on our National Heritage Register

With the demise of Cobb & Co the building has been used as a hotel, accommodation, reception hall and restaurant. It has been lovingly restored and attracts hundreds of visitors annually who have an interest in our heritage history.

One owner, John Seath suffered an accident with his horse and carriage and passed away in one of the rooms. Over the years we have had many reports of a presence which some believe is John Seath’s ghost.

CLICK HERE for more...